Compass Point Counseling and Consulting, LLC
Want to move beyond the areas in your life that holds you back?
Tired of being depressed or anxious?
Worries about your health?
Stressed about your relationship and family?
I can help!
Due to the COVID-19 virus, we have temporarily closed our offices. However we are able to see clients through telehealth counseling services. Please contact me to see if you qualify for these services!
Services I Offer
Accelerated Resolution Therapy
My areas of expertise include:
Obsessions, compulsions, phobias
Dealing with Physical health issues
Get to Know Me
Becky Razaire, LMHC
I am a Florida Licensed Mental Health Counselor (MH8295), who has been licensed since 2005. More recently, I became a Licensed Professional Counselor in Georgia (LPC011284).
I received my Masters degree in 2002 in Rehabilitation and Mental Health Counseling from the University of South Florida with an emphasis on marriage and family therapy and addictions.
Certified as a Field Traumatolgist
Certified as a Master ART Practitioner of Accelerated Resolution Therapy
What is Telehealth Counseling?
Telehealth Counseling is online therapy is a convenient enjoyable way to receive help from the comfort of your own home. A therapist provides counseling and support over the internet through email, video conferencing, online chat, or a phone call. Telehealth may be useful to individuals who cannot leave their home, who work unconventional hours, as well as those who live in rural or remote areas.
Tips for successful online therapy sessions
1. Get ready: Schedule 10 to 20 minutes before your first session to review instructions from your therapist for how to access the video portal test it out and make sure it works before the session starts
2. Minimize distractions: Aim for a quiet environment free from distractions. Notify family members and roommates that you will be having a private call. Ask them to turn down music and television so it does not disturb you.
3. Be prepared: Double check your internet connection. Make sure your device is charged and/or your charger is near. Headphones are encouraged for the best sound quality, but not required.
4. Optimize your connection: Setup your computer on a flat surface. This will eliminate shaking on the video. Make sure your face is fully in the frame. A computer/laptop is best but a phone or iPad can work in a pinch.
5. Keep calm: Tech issues are normal as everyone adjust. Keep in contact with your therapist via phone or email to sort things out if you have trouble connecting.
6. Get comfy: Snuggle up with your favorite blanket, a warm cup of tea, tissues (if needed) and your pet if they're cuddly. If your pet is rambunctious, let them play in another room to minimize distractions.
7. Connect as normal: Look into your therapist eyes rather than the camera or your own face. Treat it like a normal session you may be surprised to realize video sessions can feel just as personal as in person ones.
Accelerated Resolution Therapy
Imagine….. what it would feel like to carry a heavy burden for years and then all of a sudden, be able to let it go years after carrying the effects of the trauma are gone during a single session with an ART therapist. This type of relief may seem unbelievable but it does actually happen consistently with the use of Accelerated Resolution Therapy.
What Is Accelerated Resolution Therapy (ART)?
Accelerated Resolution Therapy (ART) incorporates a combination of techniques used in many traditional psychotherapies. ART works to reprogram the way in which distressing memories and images are stored in the brain so that they no longer trigger strong physical and emotional reactions. ART accomplishes this through the use of rapid eye movements similar to the eye movements that occur during dreaming. Although techniques similar to these are used in other types of therapies. ART’s very specific and directive approach can achieve rapid recovery from symptoms and reactions that may have been present for many years. ART combines long respected, sound treatment practices with safe and effective methods validated by current scientific research studies conducted by the University of South Florida. Benefits can be seen much more rapidly (usually within 1-5 sessions).